Choose any of your iOS or tvOS devices on the local network to install, run, and debug your apps — without a USB cord plugged into your Mac. Simply click the ‘Connect via Network’ checkbox the first time you use a new iOS device, and that device will be available over the network from that point forward. Wireless development also works in other apps, including Instruments, Accessibility Inspector, Quicktime Player, and Console.
Upto Xcode 8 & iOS 10 : Through wifi its not possible.
From Xcode 9+ & iOS 11+ : Its possible install debug build through wifi.
Device with iOS 11.0 or later installed
macOS 10.12.4 or later with XCode 9
Dev Mac Machine & Devices should be on same network (LAN)
Step 1: Connect your device via USB to the Mac Machine.
Step 2: Launch XCode 9
Step 3: Go to ‘Window’ menu or Press (Shift + Command + 2)
Step 4: Select sub menu ‘Devices and Simulators’
Step 5: Select the ‘Devices’ tab and select the devices from the ‘Connected’ section.
Step 6: Select the ‘Connect via network’ checkbox and you are done.
Step 7: Now you can disconnect USB.
- Open your project on Xcode
- Connect your ios device with USB cable.
- In xcode menu open Window -> Devices and Simulators or press (Cmd-Shift-2). You should see your device as connected devices.
- Select your device and enable check box “Connect via network”.
- Now you can see a network icon next to your phone name. This icon confirms that you can able to run build in wifi.
- Now run your build through wifi to install build in your ios devices.
Does Xcode work without wifi?
No, you don’t need to be connected to the internet to run the Xcode application. No, you don’t need to be connected to the internet to run the Xcode application.
How do I connect my iPhone to Xcode wireless?
- Pairing an iOS device with Xcode
- Open Xcode and go to Window > Devices and Simulators.
- Plug your iOS device into your Mac using a lightning cable. You may need to select to Trust This Computer on your device.
- Select your device and then select the Connect via network checkbox to pair your device:
How do I run a WIFI application in Xcode?
- Plug your iOS device with Mac machine from cable.
- Open Xcode then from top menu Window -> Devices and Simulators.
- Chose Devices segment and chose your desired Device from left device list.
- On right side you can see open Connect via network, enable this option as shown in attached image.
- After few seconds you can see network sign in front of you device.
- Unplug your device and use debugging as you’re using normally.
How do I add a device to Xcode?
- Set up an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
- Choose Window > Devices and Simulators, then in the window that appears, click Devices.
- Connect your device to your Mac with a lightning cable.
- In the left column, select the device, and in the detail area, select Connect via network.
- Xcode pairs with your device.