Want to connect wireless headphones to your computer? Don’t worry. It’s easy. With these simple steps, you can connect the bluetooth headphones quickly even if you don’t have much computer skills.
Connecting your brand new Bluetooth headphones to your PC might seem pretty straightforward, but sometimes the instructions are not clear or the manufacturer only provides them for a certain OS (Operating System).
Turn on the Bluetooth headphones. Press the power button to turn on the Bluetooth headphones.
Discover if Your Computer Has Bluetooth
We need first to confirm that the Windows PC or Mac you want to use has Bluetooth technology built–in. Depending on which platform you are utilizing, check the appropriate instruction below to go about the simple process. If you do not end up having Bluetooth on your system, don’t fret as we will address that minor obstacle.
If you have a Windows PC, we need to check an application known as ‘Device Manager’ to see if it denotes that a Bluetooth radio is installed inside your computer. You can go through this process as follows:
- Click on the Windows Start Icon.
- In Search–box, type ‘Device Manager.’
- Select ‘Device Manager’ in the list that appears.
- In the window that appears, click the ‘+’ icon next to ‘Network Adapters.’
- In the list that expands look for anything that says ‘Bluetooth.’
- If the list showcases a device with the word ‘Bluetooth’ in its name, then congratulations – you have a Bluetooth adapter on your machine and can proceed to the next step.
If you have a Mac, we need to check your System Preferences to see if it shows that a Bluetooth radio is installed inside your computer. You can go through this process as follows:
- Click ‘’ logo in the upper left–hand corner of your screen.
- From the drop-down menu, select ‘System Preferences.’
- In the Window that appears, select the icon that has ‘Bluetooth’ printed below it.
- If you can click on the Bluetooth icon, then congratulations – you have a Bluetooth adapter on your machine and can proceed to the next step.
If you find that your headphones have not paired correctly with your laptop, we recommend starting again from the beginning of the setup process. Turn your headphones completely off and be sure to review the included manual, so that you can confirm how to properly put the device into ‘discovery mode.’